The Church of St Peter’s is situated at Hutton and has Norman fragment in the South doorway as well as early English arcades, a perpendicular tower and Victorian windows. There are six church bells in all which ring out loud and crystal clear. They attract campanologists from far and wide who come to "ring the changes"
The Old Vicarage next to the Church was built in 1874 and is a handsome brick building in the Gothic style which is now privately owned after a new vicarage was built in 1967 within its grounds.
The three faces of the church clock are now fully restored and we are grateful to the Parish Council, The All Churches Trust and the Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust for grants towards this work, together with kind donations from individual people. Many thanks to all.
The Churchyard gained a Yorkshire Rose Award in Summer 2005 as being the best maintained in the whole of Yorkshire. Only two places of worship in the county received this accolade, which was awarded at the discretion of the Judges.
Congratulations to the hard-working team of mowers who operate on a rota basis to achieve this high standard of maintenance, and in particular congratulations to Alan Marson who undertakes all the strimming himself and is constantly in the churchyard over-seeing the whole maintenance programme.
For details of church services please contact Brian on the above number or checkout the village Bulletin, a copy of which can be downloaded by using the link on the home page of this website.