Sports & Recreation Association
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - 17th July 2021
In the light of the latest announcements from the Government, the SRA is pleased to announce the resumption of activities from Monday 19thJuly. Some organised events will start immediately, others will commence later in the Summer or in the Autumn. Please check the SRA Events Diary for further details. It will also be possible to book the SRA Hall for social events.
In line with Government recommendations, the SRA Committee requests that:
- Outdoor space is used where possible, as good ventilation is a key factor in reducing risk. For example, social events should make use of the space outside the SRA Hall rather than remaining purely inside. This will of course be dependent on the weather and will not be possible or practicable for some events.
- Face coverings continue to be worn indoors, particularly in confined spaces such as kitchens and toilets, unless the nature of the activity makes this impracticable, for example for eating, drinking, singing or meetings where communication would be significantly impeded.
- The ‘hands, face, space’ mantra is respected as far as possible, even though social distancing is no longer mandatory. Hand sanitisers should continue to be used and people should avoid unnecessary physical contact or crowding others’ personal space unless they are part of the same household.
- Users of the SRA should continue to sign in for events using the Covid-19 app or pen-and-paper registration.
- In deciding how rigorously to apply these recommendations, users of the SRA should respect the spirit of the Government guidelines, make informed decisions, act carefully and consider the impact of the possible continued spread of the virus, particularly amongst those who are not yet fully vaccinated or are vulnerable for other reasons.
If anyone would like further guidance on how to manage a particular event, please contact HuttonCranswickSRA@outlook.com for further information.
Situated just to the East of Hutton Cranswick on Rotsea Lane, the Sports & Recreation Association was formed in 1988 to provide sporting and leisure time activities for the residents of Hutton Cranswick and the surrounding area. Its 14 acre field is leased from the Parish Council. The lease has recently been extended to 2038. The Association is a registered charity No: 700877.
In 2008 a new management committee and two new trustees took over the running of the organisation. The committee and trustees are all volunteers and include representatives of every sports section using the facilities. Members of the Parish Council observe at all committee meetings.
Since 2008 the clubhouse has been re-roofed with financial help from the Football Foundation and the Parish Council. A burglar alarm, upgraded fire alarm system, and new windows and doors have been fitted to the clubhouse to improve security. The committee raised cash from many fundraising events as their contribution. The community rooms and changing rooms were decorated by the members. In 2011 the kitchen was upgraded with new cupboards and an oven.
Outside, the playing fields have benefited from regular maintenance including, moss killing, weed killing and fertiliser. Two sets of new football posts have been purchased to replace badly rusted and broken posts. The local cricket club have relocated to the fields because of the new facilities and a new square has been laid. The flood lamps for the five tennis courts and two astro-turf areas have been serviced and repaired to ensure continued evening use.
The Archers of East Riding have set up on the site and has prospered, with applications for new member courses outstripping ability to provide them due to poor weather and lack of an indoor facility. Two junior members are attending England training courses. We have hosted Yorkshire competitions and look forward to more.
The community hall is now used on a regular basis for soft play, whist drives, body combat, children’s dance classes class and a youth club. The hall can be booked for your private events. Details about how to book the hall can be found here: Book SRA Hall.
The garage has now been extended into the clubhouse providing more room for events.
In 2016 a new fire alarm system was fitted and the full electrical system was given its 5 year test.
Spare land at the rear of the clubhouse has been turned over to the village childminders to use as an allotment for the under 5’s. We hope that the area will be included in the ‘Village in Bloom’ competition.
We are thankful to our sponsors who helped us to build the club.